Q: coolant leaking from under car

Under the hood started smoking and I dont know if there is a hose loose or if its something bigger.

Hello. A coolant leak can come from a number of places under the hood.

Typically, if it just started smoking all of a sudden, it is because a hose failed or the water pump is leaking. I typically get the vehicle in the air to inspect it for the leak. If it is not easy to see, I do a pressure test on the system to see if I can find the leak. Worst case scenario, dye can be added to find the leak.

If you plan on having it repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the smoke coming from under the hood, and quote the best path to repair.

3. coolant leaking from under car