Q: Q: coolant leaking from under car

Under the hood started smoking and I dont know if there is a hose loose or if its something bigger.

Hello. A coolant leak can come from a number of places under the hood.

Typically, if it just started smoking all of a sudden, it is because a hose failed or the water pump is leaking. I typically get the vehicle in the air to inspect it for the leak. If it is not easy to see, I do a pressure test on the system to see if I can find the leak. Worst case scenario, dye can be added to find the leak.

If you plan on having it repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the smoke coming from under the hood, and quote the best path to repair.

3. Q: coolant leaking from under car