Q: Replaced water pump, radiator and thermostat car is still overheating. What can it be?

Changed water pump, radiator and thermostat. Car still overheating it has a leak in the headers and i am getting that replaced too. Can that be why it is still overheating?

I’m sorry to hear about your overheating issues. There are a few possibilities that can cause an engine to overheat. The radiator, water pump, and thermostat are definite possibilities, but there are a few others that are possible also. A faulty cooling fan is the first thing that comes to mind, but it could also be a head gasket issue, clogged coolant passages inside the engine, or faulty radiator hoses. I would first look at the cooling fan and/or the cooling fan switch. It would be necessary to start with a cold engine and check to see if the fan comes on as the engine warms up. Most of the time, you can do a quick check by turning on the air conditioning, as this should signal the fan on also. If this is something you feel you could use a hand in diagnosing/repairing, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics at YourMechanic.com.

3. Replaced water pump, radiator and thermostat car is still overheating. What can it be?