Q: replaced radiator and disconnected now lights and heater are not working

I replaced the radiator in my rav 4..disconnected the battery and replaced the thermas stat.. now dash lights , head lights and heater will not work..

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing to do when you are in a situation like this is to retrace your steps and make sure the radiator installation was done correctly. Were you using directions or a guide of any kind? You may want to get ahold of one if you were not, and make sure everything was done by the book. This includes the hoses being installed correctly, and the thermostat being installed in the right direction (its not hard to try and install it backwards). It appears you may be facing two different issues. Second to the radiator and thermostat (which would effect the heater function), you may be facing an electrical issue. Make sure the no wires or harnesses were pinched or pulled loose during the repair. If the battery was loose then other electrical systems would be effected as well. This leads me to believe wires were cut, damaged, or pulled out during the work. There was likely something that went wrong during the installation of the radiator and thermostat, and the repair needs to be looked over.

• replaced radiator and disconnected now lights and heater are not working