Q: Remote control won't open my trunk, but I can use the button on the door. No key access. 09 Chevy Mailbu

asked by on July 17, 2017

Remote control won't open my trunk, but I can use the button on the door. No key access. Everything else on the remote works fine with no issues. Wondering if I need a new battery for remote or a new remote.

it sounds like you may need to replace the battery in your remote key fob. This is very common when the batteries in the key fobs die. In some cases, the other possibility may be that the contacts inside the buttons on the key fob may be worn out, in which case the battery may not be the problem. When the contacts wear out, they do not transmit the signal properly to the car.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr