Q: Relay failure

A few months ago, I took my car in to get an airbag replaced. They did something with the electrical system (I imagine to avoid setting the airbag off during the process) that reset my sterio and everything. When I picked it up a day later, I went to start the car and there was a delay between the time I turned the key and the start of the car. This continued for a few months. I took it in and they said they couldn't find the problem. A few days ago, the car died. It took a few tries to jump it, but once we got it into the shop, they said the battery was dead and the cables were corroded. On top of that, they finally found the source of the delayed start, and said it was the relay. Is there any chance they could have caused it?

A: There should not be a connection between th...

There should not be a connection between the air bag and starting the car. The delay in the starting of the car when turning the key suggests you had a starter relay that was slowly failing and eventually failed along with the battery. These two may have been coincidental as one would not normally cause the other to fail.

Recommended services
Get a Quote