Q: Rear Suspension/shocks

My rear suspension bars are hanging, the supports rusted off. Can this be easily(or cheaply) fixed?

Thanks for taking time to write into us today in regards to your 1993 Chevrolet Lumina. The fact that your suspension bars are hanging and that the supports have rusted off is a pretty good indication that it may be time to start thinking about looking into a new car instead of investing more into repairs. Suspension parts replacement only works when the supports from the chassis or frame are solid and fully functional. When a car is subject to road salt or salt water areas, one of the biggest victims is the undercarriage or suspension parts.

You can get a good idea on the cost by receiving a quote for a suspension spring coil replacement for your car. If you want to have an expert inspect your suspension before moving forward with a repair, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the vehicle and advise you on how to best proceed in this situation.

3. Rear Suspension/shocks