Q: no start issue 1990 ford ranger custom v6 2.9l automatic RWD

so, i just bought this truck, drove it around the block to diagnose power loss issue, which was a blown cat. so im gonna custom build the exhaust but cant start it now after removing the O2/AFR sensor only part of the exhaust connected are the manifolds, its getting spark, but idk how old the plugs are or if they are fouled, its also getting fuel and pressure, not sure psi, but it sprays fuel from the test nozzle. and the pump does turn on. it has compression and timing is still good. im just at a stand still..

If, by chance, the fuel has been in the fuel tank "for a while", it won’t burn, at least not in an engine. So, the first thing to consider is the age of the gas. The plugs do have to be inspected and possibly replaced, as you have noted. So, I would follow-up with the plugs. If the fuel is fresh, the plugs are new and you see a spark, and the injectors are delivering fuel (check each injector), that means one thing and one thing only: the air fuel ratio is wildly off, making ignition of the mixture impossible. Double check the timing because if that is way off the car won’t start. To rule out the possibility of a too lean mixture at cold start (when the coolant temperature sensor typically sends a signal to enrich the mixture), try spraying a little starter fluid into the intake while cranking and see if the engine starts and runs. If it does, check the sensors that provide inputs to the PCM to enrich the mixture when cold (could be temp sensor, cold start injector, etc.). If you desire that a certified mechanic from YourMechanic resolve this no-start problem for you during a mobile visit to your home, by all means, please request a Diagnostic.

3. no start issue 1990 ford ranger custom v6 2.9l automatic RWD