Q: Rear power lift gate only opens 1/3 of the way

The rear power lift gate only opens 1/3 of the way before closing again automatically. I cannot see anything blocking the sensor. Also, the rear gate glass door button is dry-rotted and can only be opened with the button on the remote.

Hello! The glass door button is a serviceable item, though it may likely fall under a bodywork category. A mechanic can check the door operation, alignment, and physical components for signs of wear or damage. A slight misalignment can cause resistance on the motor and the system does use resistance as a trigger to reverse movement as if something is blocking the door.

3. Rear power lift gate only opens 1/3 of the way