Q: Rear end grinding noise

Towing small tent trailer turn left or right rear end grinds sounds like bad brakes brakes and rotors are new straight line driving no noise bumps no noise any idea helps

Two possible causes of such noise are wheel bearings and a stuck brake caliper or seized sliding pins on the caliper torque plate. In difficult cases, remote wireless microphones, known as chassis ears, can be used to determine if the noise is coming from the left or the right. If you want the origin of the noise pinpointed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a chassis noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.