Q: Rattling noise when car is idle

asked by on May 22, 2017

Car makes rattling noise when stopped but goes away when I accelerate? What could be the cause.

Hi There, Depending on the sound of the noise and where it is coming from, this may be something like a heat shield underneath the vehicle which is a part of the exhaust system. These are commonly known to rattle or vibrate as they become loose and produce a bit of a rattling sound that tends to go away as engine RPM’s increase. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car to properly diagnose the sound.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr