Q: Random Loss of Throttle from Pedal

my car loses power while i have the gas pedal down . What happens is the engine will start to decelerate as though I've taken my foot off the gas but my foot hasn't moved off of the accelerator. then i have to relaese and step on it again to regain speed.

vw polo 2006 model 1,4.

i have changed the petrol pump,did the service on the car and even changed the Accelerator pedal
My car has a manual transmission. but i have noticed that the breather hose has a razor cut .whith little oil leak on it.

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $685.94 Get a Quote

Hi There, The inconsistent throttle response you are describing sounds like you may have a faulty throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your vehicle’s running condition.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr