2008 1KDFTV 120 series Toyota prado

2008 1KDFTV 120 series Toyota prado Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? Fixing myself, have replaced all fuel filters and injectors Mechanic's Assistant: Is the ...

2008 1KDFTV 120 series Toyota prado Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? Fixing myself, have replaced all fuel filters and injectors Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank? External Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No jolts when traveling at 110kmph have replaced both fuel filters and fuel injectors

Automotive Expert
Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Pete. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

My names Matt
Automotive Expert
Hello Matt. Nice to hear from you today! I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Was anything done to your vehicle before this issue occurred? Have any warning lights come on or have you had the fault codes checked with a high-end fully compatible scan tool for your vehicle to see if any fault codes come up with this issue?

Just started happening out of the blue, no fault codes showing
Automotive Expert
When you had the fault codes checked was a fully compatible scan tool used that is able to read all computers in your vehicle to, plugged into your vehicle to see if any codes come up?

used both snap on scan tool and also tried the G-scan one from my work shop
Automotive Expert
Does the problem feel like the engine is misfiring or does it feel like the transmission/gearbox is jolting/acting up when this issue occurs?

Feels more like fuel surgeDo the 1KDFTV prado’s run a fuel lift sensor
Automotive Expert
Thank you for your reply and that information as this does help me better understand the situation. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. I’ll be right back! Thank you for holding Matt! With the fault you have described occurring with your vehicle this does sound like a fuel loss issue at higher speeds. I am not seeing that this model uses a fuel lift sensor. The most common cause for this fault is the fuel pump/injection pump becoming weak to where it is not supplying enough fuel rail pressure at higher speeds which then causes this issue. I recommend having the fuel system tested and monitored by a repair facility to where they can use the correct tools to perform the testing when the fault occurs to identify the fault. Since the fuel filter was replaced and there are no codes this issue is most likely the fuel pump/injection pump itself needing to be replaced.

Cheers mate
Automotive Expert
Your welcome! Glad I could be of some help! I hope everything works out well for you! If there are any additional questions on this issue that should arise, please feel free to reply and ask! Thank you for choosing Just Answer for your questions. Have a great day!