Q: Radio starts when SUV does

So strange a problem in my SUV - the radio comes on when I start it. I asked the dealership and they said it’s manufactured that way. I really don’t like the distraction when I’m starting my SUV and the radio blares out - it’s startling! I had been taught that to save energy, it’s best to have the a/c, wipers, radio, etc. turned off when starting a vehicle. Is there any way to prevent my radio from starting with the car? I often forget to turn it down when I leave the car, so it really makes me jump sometimes.

Hi there. The dealership is correct that the vehicle is built like this. The only way to combat this is by turning it all of the way down prior to turning the vehicle off. Otherwise the vehicle is programmed to function like this and the programming cannot be changed to change it.

3. Radio starts when SUV does