Q: Radio searches for USB

I own a 2013 dodge dart with USB connection. The radio does an auto search on its own. How can I get it to stop, because it’s always looking for a USB connection. I don't have a USB connected to it now. So it searches for one every 2 minutes. When I am listing to the radio I get interrupted by the USB search. I haven't connected one to it yet. Do you have any solutions?

A: My first recommendation would be to check y...

My first recommendation would be to check your 2013 Dodge Dart’s owners manual for any information relating to the programming of the radio. If you cannot find the information that you need in your owner’s manual, I would then recommend having a qualified technician take a look at your vehicle to determine the cause of the USB connection issue.

It is possible that the radio unit itself could be having a malfunction and may need to be replaced in order to correct the issue caused by the USB connector. It is also possible that there could be come sort of small piece of metal such as a staple lodged inside the USB port causing the vehicle to think a connection has been made. This would be very rare but at least ensure that the inside of the USB port is clean.