Q: Can I drive my car with a bad MAP sensor?

I had to order my map sensor it wont be in till Tuesday, can I drive my car till then without damage to it. I drive about 70 miles a day

3. Can I drive my car with a bad MAP sensor?

Q: Question

Hi Patel. Thanks for contacting us tonight. While synthetic oils are typically longer lasting than a conventional oil, the engine and ECU can't predict or detect the oil in the engine. This is why the warning light illuminates. I still...

Q: Car cranks more times than normal before starting.

If the engine is not starting as readily as it used to, there is something wrong. There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), worn spark plugs, inadequate fuel delivery...

Q: Would a map sensor make your car not hold idle and die , I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota with a 4.7 v8

Yes a MAP sensor can cause this problem. The sensor controls how much load is on the engine and will cause the rich running condition. I have never known one that can be cleaned and fix the problem. I recommend...