Q: Is this a power steering problem?

My van groans when I pull off I can feel it in my front end on both sides, it's worse on the passenger side, I was told by Mavis Tires that I need a tired rod on the driver side and a ball joint on the passenger side, it also jerks while in motion, can you please help me?

A: It sounds like you may have a power steerin...

It sounds like you may have a power steering leak, a failing pump or potentially a steering rack that may need to be replaced. When the power steering pump is low on fluid or damaged and needing to be replaced, it is common to hear this kind of groaning sound. The jerking movement you are feeling is usually a sign of loose bearings inside the steering rack that is literally moving without any kind of input (you turning the wheel). I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your steering problem.