Q: Why has my car been making noise lately?

My car has been making noise in the passenger side engine area lately. It only happens in the morning when driving to work and you can only hear it only when in drive gear and idling at the stop light. The noise goes away as soon as I step on the gas, and can only be heard when idling at the red light. The car noise also only happens that first 10 minutes of driving and goes away completely once the engine is warmed. The noise sounds like the serpentine belt slipping.

I already replaced the water pump, the new serpentine belt, oil changed and transmission oil changed but the noise is still there. Checked the tensioner and idle pulley and its all ok. What can be the issue? Need help. I have a scion tc 07 with 117k miles only and it uses a timing chain that should last the life of a vehicle.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. From what you are describing, it sounds as if you might have a small exhaust leak, or perhaps a secondary belt (drive belt or power steering) that might be loose or beginning to wear out. Diagnosing a noise is always easier when a mechanic is able to test drive the vehicle and replicate the noise. As such, I would recommend having one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection first, before we recommend any repairs.