Q: Radiator leak

Hey I was wondering if how I could fix my own radiator leak without taking it to the shop. What are some ways to stop the leak?

The radiator in your car is most likely leaking from one of the plastic tanks and not the aluminum core part of the radiator. The tanks on these radiators are not repairable and the radiator will most likely need to be replaced.

Your best bet is to replace it with an aftermarket one that will cost a lot less than the dealer one in most cases. The dealer one would most likely be of a higher quality but that is not always the case. In order to replace it yourself, you would have to know the proper procedures to replace the radiator and bleed the air out of the system properly. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and check the system for you to replace the radiator and cap along with any needed hoses and clamps that are needed.

3. Radiator leak