Q: Procedure to replace lower ball joints and sway bar links and torque specification for all the front end components

I want procedure to replace lower ball joint and sway bar links and torque specification for all the front end components

Hi there. To replace the ball joints you would need to jack up the vehicle and put it on jack stands. Remove the tires, calipers, and brake rotors. Then put a jack under the lower control arm and remove the cotter pin and nut from the lower ball joint. Lower down the jack some and hit the control arm with a dead blow hammer and the lower control arm should come off the wheel knuckle. Then remove the bolt that holds the spring strut on the lower control arm. This will make the control arm free. Then remove the bolts that hold the control arm to the vehicle’s frame. Then remove the jack and remove the lower control arm. Then you can pop out the ball joint and pop the new one in. Install the lower control arm and put the bolts in the frame and tighten them up to spec. Then put the bolt in the spring and hook it into the control arm and tighten up the bolt to spec. Jack up the lower control arm and allow the ball joint to fit into the wheel knuckle. Tighten the nut down to spec and put in a new cotter pin. Put on the rotor, caliper, and wheel. Torque the lug nuts to spec. Lower the vehicle to the ground. Click Here for the Vehicle Specs. If you need further assistance with replacing the lower control arm ball joints, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Procedure to replace lower ball joints and sway bar links and torque specification for all the front end components