Q: Problems with the DIC settings and using its features

I'm having issues with the Driver Information Center on my Chevy HHR. I cannot use settings related to engine temperature, oil life, MPG, miles left on a gas tank and the only features that actually work are the outside temperature and mileage. I've tried to reset it by taking the battery out and connecting it again, but it didn't help. Also, all the fuses seem fine. The dealer cannot solve the problem. Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

Your vehicle model has many technical bulletins that pertains to wiring issues with pins and connectors to various modules and control units in the vehicle. This issue is one that is hard to track down, since it is an intermittent connection issue. The entire vehicle will need to be gone through and inspected. Each connector will be removed, inspected for any connection issues or corrosion, and connector pin corrosion inhibitor put in the connector and reconnected. This has to be done to each connector in the vehicle, until the problem is solved. There are at least 6 or more different technical bulletins covering the problem. If you are planning to repair this issue, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the electric problems within your car.