Q: problems with car choking and stopping dead

When I start my car it chokes once or twice before it starts. Then it runs fine, but all of a sudden it will stop dead like it ran out of gas. I tried starting it up again and it choked 2 times then started up. Then I drove off with no problems. The same thing happened again - died, choked restarted. I recently changed the fuel filter and battery. Could these changes have started the problems?

There are a few common causes for a car to stall like this. The most common would be the fuel pump, alternator, or a ignition switch fault. I would have this checked soon to prevent further damage. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your stalling issue and perform any repairs required.

3. problems with car choking and stopping dead