Q: Power steering problem 2003 Chevrolet Impala

my 2003 Chevrolet impala battery light has been coming on when I drive and the steering wheel tightens up and when the light goes off it loosens back up again I have had the alternator changed on the car it is doing the same thing, but it usually dos it when it rains and it scares me very bad

Hello - I believe the serpentine belt and it’s tensioner are weak, slipping and causing both the alternator and power steering behavior you are experiencing. Both functions are driven by this belt, which will tend to slip worse when rain/water is a factor. I would recommend replacing the serpentine belt and tensioner by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and repair this problem.

3. Power steering problem 2003 Chevrolet Impala