Q: Power steering

So when the car is cold and I drive for a short amount of time the power steering works just fine. However, once the car starts to heat up the problem becomes more apparent, the wheel gets stiff and while turning my car makes that distinctive p/s whine. I've tried flushing the system and bleeding the line but I still have the problem

The power steering pump may be weak when warm or the rack and pinion steering control valve is leaking internally. In order to isolate the cause of the problem you will need to have the power steering pump tested for pressure output, to see if it meets specifications for max pressure without excessive noise. If it fails then the power steering pump should be replaced. If the pump passes then replace the rack and pinion.

Before anything is tested or replaced, test the fluid by running the system for a few minutes and taking a fluid sample to check for any metal particles in the fluid. If it has metal in fluid then the rack and pinion and pressure pump needs replaced. The lines will need to be flushed or replaced as well to fix the problem.

If you need some help with these checks, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your location to diagnose your power steering issue and fix it accordingly.

3. Power steering