Q: Pop/Thud noise when backing up

When I am backing up my car and turning right I hear a thud/popping noise in the front of the car. I also hear the noise when I make a right u-turn and turn the steering wheel all the way. My car is a 2005 acura TSX but the model was not available in the menu above.

The noise you are hearing is most likely an outer constant velocity joint on the right side or passenger side of the car. Have the axle joints checked to see if the outer joint boots are torn. If they are, then replace the axle assembly since the joint being noisy means it is bad. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to inspect what’s causing the noise, and provide any necessary repairs.