i was told pcm needs replacing, how do i know that is correct? do I have a right to the report since i paid for it?

I would question why the computer needs to be replaced. If the computer is causing a problem like the vehicle will not start or some other issue, then I would recommend the dealer to diagnose it since it will need to be programmed to work in the car.

I cannot say why the computer needs replacing or how to verify it unless a thorough computer and pinpoint test is done to verify the computer is bad. I recommend have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, investigate the situation and determine the best course of action.