Q: passenger side windows doesn't roll up automatically but will roll down. Bmw says this is not a feature on this car. Is this true

I had several repairs done for the windows on my car. I swear the windows went up automatically if you press the buttons together on the driver side. The convertible top up and down buttons when held one at a time will roll the windows down and will roll the windows up.BMW is stating that they have evidence that this is not a feature on my BMW for both windows to be synced to roll up but they are synced to roll down. I don't believe them because it seems so odd...

Thanks for writing in about the passenger side window issue on your 2003 BMW Z4. Most high-end vehicles, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes Benz featured driver side automatic windows, where as you described in your question, you could press down or press up and the window would automatically roll up or down. However, it’s very rare that the passenger side has this same feature.

After reviewing many of the features promoted in the Z4 series of BMW in 2003, the auto roll-up window on the passenger side was not listed as a standard or optional upgrade package. It was available in many of the 5-series BMW’s E39 sold from 96 till 2003 as an upgrade option. On my 2008 BMW 128i this is an optional upgrade, but I’m not finding that available on the 2003 Z4.

3. passenger side windows doesn't roll up automatically but will roll down. Bmw says this is not a feature on this car. Is this true