Q: P010b code

asked by on December 31, 2017

While I was driving on the highway my car starting jerking back and fourth and slowing down on the highway. I thought the car was gonna stall completely. Although it slowed down it ended up making it off the highway. ( such a scary experience) nothing came up on the dashboard but because I have a scanner I plugged it in and the code p010b came up. I looked into it and changed the air filters put two new k&N air filters. Now the car still finds it hard to accelerate, I was wondering what could be the real issue

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Tiffani. Thanks for contacting us today. The OBD-II trouble code you’ve indicated P-010b is an indication that the mass air flow sensor is faulty or dirty. However, this code also could indicate a leak within the air intake or the intake manifold itself. If you’ve recently installed the new air filter housing, it’s possible that compatibility issues are causing this error code and the lack of acceleration. I think the best way to determine the root source of these symptoms is to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr