Q: Overheating - 2006 Toyota Sienna

Toyota forces water out through overflow , then heats up. Not radiator cap problem. Someone suggested compression leak. If this is problem, should computer throw off a code to reader?

Hi. The computer probably won’t throw a code for a compression leak. If the compression was that bad you would get a misfire code from the computer. I think you have a clogged radiator or heater core causing your problem. These parts I would suggest replacing first. The worst case scenario is the head gasket is blown causing the coolant to come out of the over flow. A compression test and head gasket test will determine if the head gasket is blown. If you need help with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the overheating issue and advise you on the correct repairs.