Q: Overheated now cranks but won't start

Went to store car ran hot let cool put new coolant in now it cranks but won't start

This could mean a few different problems. However, it is likely depending on how hot your car’s engine got as a result of the overheating may have been a blown head gasket, which will cause the vehicle to not start. When the car’s engine overheats to an extreme level or an extended period of time, this can cause the cylinder head gasket(s) to be damaged to a point where it will no longer seal properly which compromises the integrity of the cooling system in the engine block. Additionally, this allows oil to seep into the cooling system as well (and vice versa - water into the oil) which is usually a sign of a blown head gasket. When this happens, this also causes what is known as a compression leak where the cylinders (as a result of the compromised head gasket) are not able to maintain the proper compression to make the cylinders fire resulting in the car not starting. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the overheating problem and no-start issue to have this corrected properly.