Q: Land Rover overheats after driving for about an hour.

Changed the tstat, radiator cap, flushed system, water pump has no play or leaks. Help

Sometimes it’s difficult to get the system really full, especially after a boil over. so you need to make sure there are no air pockets in there. Try running the car with the radiator cap off and the heater turned on high. Keep topping up the radiator as the level falls, then when you are getting hot air out of the heater, the system is full, you can put on the cap. If this doesn’t solve your problem, here’s another little check: drive the car while watching the temperature gauge. When the temperature goes past halfway, turn the heater on maximum. If that makes the temperature drop, then you probably have a problem in the radiator. If turning on the heater doesn’t affect the temperature, then you might have to start thinking about head gaskets. Head gasket failures are not unusual in the LR V8, sometimes occurring before 75,000 miles. Checking for an overheating problem like a head gasket can be an involved process. If you’d like professional help with this, contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to [check out your overheating problem[(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection) and tell you what it’s going to take to solve it.

3. Land Rover overheats after driving for about an hour.