Q: Q: Oil light coming on

Hello, please the oul light keeps coming up on my dashboard. It was discovered since the oil level is still ok and the car was just serviced that the oil pump has failed. I replaced the oil pump, but now the oil light comes on again but I discovered I wasnt hearing the sound I was hearing before changing it and also observed that the light only comes on when I'm on a low speed or stopped. Please what's the problem? The car steams excellent.

This may be a result of low oil levels creating low oil pressure at lower engine speeds. When the engine is at an idle or lower rpm’s, the engine builds less oil pressure. If your oil is lower than the required amount, this will cause the oil pressure light to come on. I would recommend first checking the oil by the dipstick to be sure the correct amount of oil is in the motor. If the oil registers as "full" on the dipstick, this would then suggest you may have a faulty oil pressure sensor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect your oil pressure problem.

3. Q: Oil light coming on