Q: Oil filter adaptor

I ordered a replacement oil filter cooler kit. The new piece has a threaded hole by the high pressure oil sensor and the one I took off the truck doesn't. What is the hole for? I have a photo if that helps. Part # 3c3z6881ca.

Hi there. For the oil filter cooler kit, there are cooler lines that are additional optional to add to the engine for additional cooling. The extra threaded hole could be used for an additional cooler line for other models. If you have all of the parts hooked up properly and the oil filter cooler kit will work the same, then simply plug the hole and test the system. If there is no problems, then it is fine to run the engine with that port plugged. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the replacement oil filter cooler kit.