What causes water to push back up through the radiator

What causes water to push back up through the radiator Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator? Got over a 100 tousand and yes it has been worked on Mechanic's ...

What causes water to push back up through the radiator Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator? Got over a 100 tousand and yes it has been worked on Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 1994 nissan d21 2.4 4cylinder engine Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? I put a new radiator in it and a new hose

Automotive Expert
Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Ron. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

donnie smithno
Automotive Expert
Good morning Donnie. Nice to see you today! I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Was the engine pushing [coolant](/topics-coolant-nissan/) tout before you replaced the radiator?

i need to what causes the water to push up through the radiator
Automotive Expert
Was the engine pushing coolant out before you replaced the radiator?

i payed a 1 dollar for this bull shit
Automotive Expert
Im trying to help you but I need to know Was the engine pushing coolant out before you replaced the radiator? Without complete information, I can not provide you with a clear answer Donnie. Ill open this back up for you and perhaps another expert can help you with the information you have provided.
Automotive Expert
Hello, My name is\*\*\*\*\*'ve been working on cars since 1990, I have been a Just Answer expert since 2008. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I will be happy to assist you. You will see an option to receive a phone call prompted by the website, you can agree to or decline. If you do not wish to use the Phone Service, we can continue chatting this way back and forth until you are satisfied with my help. Just keep in mind, it does take me time to respond. I am a Automotive Technician, I am not a fast typer. So lets get started....Hello Donnie, It's nice to meet you. I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your 97 Truck. Let me explain what can cause what you are describing for you. What I normally have found what can cause coolant to push up out of the radiator is one of two things. 1. First thing is a massive air pocket. These coolant system are tricky to bleed. So if you have air pocket, or just when the thermostat starts to open, the coolant level will rise and over flow at the radiator. Once the T-stat opens, then it will suck the water level right back down. You do need to bleed this truck a certain way and does take 1 hour or longer to bleed. 2. The second thing is a bad head gasket. If you have a bad head gasket it would put compression into the coolant system which as 1. puts air in the system which can push it out as well. If you are performing the bleeding process and you find a constant pattern of bubbles while bleeding, that is a sign of a bad head gasket.

it blowed a hose first then a replaced it and then when i tryed to add water to the radiator it pushed the water upo through the radiator i could not put no water in at alli put a new hose on i tryed to put water in and could not it kept pushing it out of the radiator
Automotive Expert
That sounds like it could be a head gasket because compression is being pushed into the coolant system which is why the hose keeps blowing off