My 2016 Nissian rogue the car wil start but when I put in...

My 2016 Nissian rogue the car wil start but when I put in gear it won’t move either way and the [steering wheel](/topics-steering-wheel-nissan/) is locked and there is a light in the dash of a steering wheel with a line across it....

My 2016 Nissian rogue the car wil start but when I put in gear it won’t move either way and the [steering wheel](/topics-steering-wheel-nissan/) is locked and there is a light in the dash of a steering wheel with a line across it. I switched the car off and restarted it and it unlocked Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs? I haven’t checked anything Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far? No I’m a old lady..lol

Automotive Expert
"Hi, I'm Roy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily." You will see an option to receive a phone call prompted by the website, you can agree to or decline. If you do not wish to use the Phone Service, we can continue chatting this way back and forth until you are satisfied with my help. Who Am I speaking with today ? Hi! Hope I can help sorry to hear about your steering not working , you have a electrical motor on your car for steering with sensors, that can set a code if bad , the first inspected would be to use a scan tool and check the codes . you could have a motor or sensor issue . let me know Thank you Roy! Just text me back
Automotive Expert
let me know if you have any questions Thank you
Automotive Expert
Post back if I can help Thank you Roy!