Q: New SUV and Minivan

I am planning to buy a SUV and minivan which has: - best fuel economy - less maintanence cost - high seating and leg space for tall persons - durable

Are the japanese brands are the best for my requirement? Please suggest some model for both SUV and minivan.

A: Cars made in Japan continue to be of high q...

Cars made in Japan continue to be of high quality but they are not the only reasonable possibilities. If you are trying to optimize your selection, what you want to do is review ranked lists of vehicles that have already been tested by outside, objective third parties. These lists exist for the two "categories" you have referred to, namely SUV’s and minivans. The criteria that you note, fuel economy, interior dimensions, and reliability are all "measured" objectively in the development of these ranked lists. One of the principle sources of the rankings is "Consumer Reports". Basically, using the relevant monthly issue (often the April issue but they conduct comprehensive testing throughout the model year and regularly publish rankings), just look under the SUV category, or minivan category, and you will find these rankings already prepared alongside reams of data.

With regard to your question about maintenance costs, Consumer Reports publishes detailed, component by component, historical reliability ratings for all major makes and models. By reviewing that data, you can get an idea of the likelihood that you will have repair costs for any model that you might be considering buying. YourMechanic can create a custom car selection for you based on our review of the data versus specific criteria that you state, in other words literally "identify" the optimal car for you based on what you specify. Again, though, such would simply be based on our review of the already published test data compared against what you specify as the "desired" vehicle. You would have to inquire as to the cost of that service.