Q: New engine at 88K for 3,500 including labor or remove the head and see if they can fix it?

My radiator had to be replaced about a month ago. The hose going into it on the bottom was put on using red grease for easy slide. After driving it, the hose gave way and all the antifreeze came out. I was exiting a major highway so I had to guide maneuver it into a lot. The engine overheated badly and I have been advised to get a new engine. Please advise – do I get a new engine? They have one from a previous RDX that has 88K. Or do I have them take off the head and see if it’s fixable. Also, do you know the average price for an engine? They want to charge me with labor 3,500 for the 88K.

3. New engine at 88K for 3,500 including labor or remove the head and see if they can fix it?