Q: new battery, lights turn on, car doesn't start

for about 2 weeks, whenever I tried starting my car, it would crank then after a few seconds finally turn over & start. But one evening, it didn't crank at all. A jump wouldn't even start the car, so I replaced the battery. The starter was replaced 2 months ago. The lights turn on, but there's no sound when trying to start the car. could it be the cables, ignition system or possibly the fuel system? if it's the ignition system, is it possible to try using my other key?

A: It could be the cables, ignition switch, ig...

It could be the cables, ignition switch, ignition switch circuit, and don't rule out the starter.

Use a test light to check the "start circuit". It is the small wire on the starter. If the test light illuminates when the key is in the start position, the circuit is good. The solenoid should click if that circuit is good, regardless of the battery cable. If it does not, you have a bad starter solenoid.

Visually check the battery cables. Check the positive and negative closely. Wiggle the cable near the starter to verify it is tight.

Remanufactured or new aftermarket parts, like starters, are not of the same quality as the original. Defects and short life are not uncommon.

If you'd like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can perform these checks and properly diagnose your starting issue. Best of luck.