Q: Car turns over but cannot start - 2002 BMW 325is

asked by on September 09, 2016

I cannot start my car. The battery has been checked and it has power. I have recently replaced the radiator hose. I also had the line bled. I wanted to prevent any airlock problems. This didn't help however. The car would turn over but there is no startup. What might be causing this?

Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote
Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Usually the cooling system has nothing to do with the vehicle starting up. If the starter is working when you are turning the key (also known as a crank but no start) the issue is usually related to the ignition or fuel system. The most likely cause of the crank no start condition is a faulty fuel pump.

I would recommend having your fuel pressure tested by a qualified mechanic to determine if your fuel pressure is low first. If the fuel pressure is low, it is likely that the fuel pump is faulty. If the fuel pressure is within the specification set by the manufacturer, the problem is likely in the ignition system. A full inspection of both systems should be performed in order to determine the exact cause of the starting issue.