Q: New at this. Started car & Popped hood - couldn't see anything unusual, but heard the knocking at the front of engine. Then the ca

New at this. Started car & Popped hood - couldn't see anything unusual, but heard the knocking at the front of engine. Then the car stopped running. When you turn the key, it acts like it wants to crank, but won't it just starts making a rhythmic sound - bu-dump bu-dump. No recent repairs, oil doesn't need to be changed for another 600 miles. I have a video that I can send you all. it's a 1998 mitsubishi montero sport 237,000 miles,. the check engine light came on and I was able to get a reader which gave off the code for cylinder 5 spark plugs. could anyone tell me what the knock would be to cause the car to function this way? thank you!

3. New at this. Started car & Popped hood - couldn't see anything unusual, but heard the knocking at the front of engine. Then the ca