Q: Need to add oil every 750 miles or so.

asked by on November 26, 2017

Every two or three times I fill up gas I check my oil level and it's low. It doesn't have any leaks on the garage floor, so I assume it's burning the oil. This wasn't an issue a couple of years ago and seems to be getting worse. Is this normal for a 7-year-old Acura and is there anything I can do to get back to not having to check it so frequently between oil changes?

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the car is burning oil, you may notice a bi of blue smoke coming from the exhaust. Blue smoke coming from your exhaust generally means that the motor is burning the engine oil. This can happen for a couple of different reasons such as worn piston rings or leaking valve guide seals. When this happens, the engine oil is burned in the combustion chamber along with the fuel which is what generates the blue smoke coming from the exhaust. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.