Q: Car will not start, no spark - 1994 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon

My van sat outside for a year or more doing nothing. I had a new transmission installed into it and added some gas but never drove it. So I finally decided to start it up this week. I turned the key and it turns, but it will not turn over. I can’t hear the fuel pump, and I don’t see a spark from any of the spark plugs. There was a direct charge to the fuel pump. It comes on, but after you remove the charge nothing happens. So we replaced the fuel pump and brain relay, but I still don’t get anything. I don’t smell fuel or exhaust. Do you have any ideas what could be the problem?

Besides checking the engine and fuel injection fuses and relays, it is possible the oil pressure cutoff switch may be malfunctioning since the vehicle sat up so long without oil pressure. If the engine oil pump isn’t priming, there might not be enough oil pressure to complete the circuit at the cutoff, preventing current from reachin the fuel pump. A YourMechanic professional can help diagnose your vehicles inability to start issue and make all necessary repairs to get you back on the road!

3. Car will not start, no spark - 1994 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon