Q: Car overheats when only in idle

When I accelerate car does not overheat but only when I'm in idle. Also heater blows cold air

Overheating at idle could be due to non functioning electric cooling fans. Other causes of overheating include trapped air in the cooling passageways, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, collapsed hoses, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. With regard to the no cabin heat problem, that can be caused by malfunctioning blend door(s) (part of the in-dash ventilation network), a faulty or stuck heater control valve, a plugged heater core, collapsed hoses, and low coolant level. If you desire a diagnostic to determine exactly why there is no cabin heat, please request a non functioning cabin heater diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.