Q: Need part name to be able to order on eBay

I'm looking for the name of the part that goes on the bottom of the front crossmember/k-frame. It's approx 8"x36", flat metal maybe 1"thick, bolts on to the bottom and reinforces that area. It's rusted and don't know what the search term should be to find it. Thanks

A: There are a couple of different pieces unde...

There are a couple of different pieces under the cross member. One is a skid plate and the other is a cross member beam. The skid plate does not really enforce anything but is there rather to prevent things from damaging the components underneath the car.