Q: How can I tell if my radiator uses a bevel washer or a nut?

I'm purchasing a new radiator but they said they have two different types. It either connects with a bevel washer or a nut. I'm not sure & I don't want to purchase the wrong one.

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. When it comes to replacing the radiator in your vehicle, it is best to replace the radiator with the OEM type. If there are two types of radiators that go into your vehicle, you need to check how the radiator was mounted in your vehicle. Some of the Century 2003 Buick’s have the bevel washers and some have a nut.

If you need some help installing the radiator, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can determine whether your vehicle uses a bevel washer or a nut and who can replace the radiator if needed.