Q: Bearing grinding in front wheels

I can hear a bearing making a grinding sound in the front wheels.

A: Hello. If you are getting a growling or gri...

Hello. If you are getting a growling or grinding noise while driving down the road, then it is more than likely a bad bearing. These need to be serviced and packed with new grease over time to prevent this from occurring. In some cases you can get the same noise from tires that are worn unevenly. I would inspect the tires first and rotate them if they have any wear issues. If not then I would typically remove the bearings and inspect them. If they are worn then they need to be replaced, and if not, the bearings can be cleaned and repacked with grease. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your office to fix your bearings.