Q: My vehice over heats & does not have any heat

My vehicle started to over heat & only blow cold air since November. I changed the thermostat, water pump, blend door, actuator, & even got a coolant flush. Still no heat & still overheats

The radiator and heater core should be checked for flow. If the coolant was not flushed on a regular basis, the very small passages in one or both of them may be clogged, restricting flow and causing a no heat and overheat situation. Some manufacturers have coolant with extended service intervals - no need to flush for 5 years,etc. Experiences has shown some of us that this is not a good idea because it can lead to situations like this. The coolant degrades over time and if any different coolant is or was ever added to the system, there can be a chemical reaction between the different coolant types that causes a gel-like substance to form in the cooling system and restrict those small passages. Have a certified technician inspect the cooling system to find the source of the overheating.

3. My vehice over heats & does not have any heat