Q: my van had wiring and the computer replaces bc it ran rough. 4 months later same thing. Now suggested to replace the expansion val

I have spent 3,400 on it. Is this possible within 5 months to have so much wrong. Should I get a 2nd opinion or get rid of the van?

The expansion valve has nothing to do with a rough running condition. I’m curious as to what the reasoning was for having the expansion valve replaced. If it is because of an suspected A/C leak then the leak is most likely the evaporator in the dash along with the expansion valve needing to be replaced.

If you’re wondering about getting rid of van or not. You’ll need to answer the question of whether or not the cost of repairs will exceed the actual value of the van or not? You should consider the amount of money that can be used as a trade in on another vehicle.

I’d suggest getting your van looked at by a qualified technician to diagnose your rough running condition and assess the overall condition of the vehicle. They’ll be able to suggest what to do from there.

If you do decide to buy another used vehicle then have it pre-purchase inspected by a certified mechanic to make sure you won’t run into any unforeseen problems. Best of luck.

• my van had wiring and the computer replaces bc it ran rough. 4 months later same thing. Now suggested to replace the expansion val