Q: Heater doesn't work correctly

I have a heater malfunction in my car. The vents are not blowing warm air. The car hasn't been overheating. I had the coolant checked and it is at an appropriate level. What should I do?

The most likely cause of an inoperative heater (aside from low coolant) is a faulty thermostat. Hot engine coolant flows through the heater core. The blower motor blows air over the heater core and into the passenger compartment to warm the vehicle. If the thermostat is stuck open, the engine will never reach operating temperature and the coolant will not get hot enough to warm the interior of the vehicle. If the thermostat is OK, the next place to look is the heater core itself. I suggest you take your vehicle to a trained professional to have your heating issue diagnosed and repaired. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.

3. Heater doesn't work correctly