Q: I just wanted to know what is the best coolant to use for a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo?

asked by on February 07, 2018

I want to know what is the best antifreeze brand and color to use for my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo? And if I was to use the wrong antifreeze would that cause a problem with my radiator or engine?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Radiator Flush $178.82 - $200.42 Get a Quote

Hi Tamaria. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Your Isuzu uses a 50/50 blend coolant, which is half coolant and half distilled water. There are two types of coolant - red and a green. The V-6 Isuzu Rodeo engine should use the red coolant. In regards to mixing the red and green, it isn’t as harmful as it used to be, as the formulas have been changed over the years for the situation you’ve described. The best way to avoid problems is to have the coolant system flushed and have the right coolant, at the right ratio added.