Q: My trunk doesn't open from the outside with the key nor does the remote work to get it to open.

My trunk doesn't open from the outside with the key nor does the remote work to get it to open. I have to climb through the backseat into the trunk and step on this lever in order for the trunk to open. What gives? It opens inside, but not outside. :(

Hi there. It is likely that the electrical trunk release or the trunk locking mechanism itself is damaged and needs to be replaced. It could also be an electrical relay issue or other component within the truck locking mechanism that is damaged. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a trunk inspection to determine what is broken and needs to be replaced.

3. My trunk doesn't open from the outside with the key nor does the remote work to get it to open.